Home > About us > History of Marun
History Of Marun
Marun Petrochemical Company
 
Marun Petrochemical Company was founded in 01/11/1377 to perform the Seventh Olefin. Through implementing this project which is one of the greatest Olefins in the world with the capacity of producing 1/1 million tons of polyethylene, for the first time in the country, the extracted (Ethan) C2 from natural gas is transformed into Olefin materials, Polymeric and chemical products.
 
Geographical Location 
geographical locations as follow:
Marun Petrochemical Company has been built in a land with an area of 102/5 acres in two :

1) Region of Ahwaz Krit Camp

Ethane recovery unit has been built in a land with an area of 9/5 acres in 15th Kilometer of Ahwaz – Mahshahr Road. In this unit, the food of Olefin unit is produced and sent to Petrochemical Special Economic Zone through a pipeline of 95 kilometers length.
 
2) Petrochemical Special Economic Zone
 
Olefin unit along with heavy polyethylene, polypropylene, Ethylene Oxide, Ethylene Glycol and utility and offsite services have been built in a land with an area of 93 acres in the second site of Bandar Imam’s Petrochemical Special Economic Zone.
 
Marun Petrochemical Company was founded in 77/11/01, was put into operation in 1385, and it was privatized in 1387.
 
With having Ethane recovery factory, Marun Petrochemical Company produces polymeric and chemical products through recovering ethane from natural gas.
 
This company with the capacity of producing 1100000 tons of Ethylene, 200000 tons of polypropylene, 300000 tons of polyethylene, 300000 tons of polypropylene, and more than 443000 tons of Glycol is one of the greatest petrochemical companies in Iran and in the world.